Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Vegetables


It's hard sometimes. I really, truly love all the wrong foods. I don't get a lot of joy from eating vegetables... I mean I love corn with butter and potatoes with butter... but the rest are just not that exciting to me. With Jenny Craig I need to eat a lot more vegetables so I need to try to find ways to make them delicious without adding calories.

Garlic Powder helps... salt.

I like putting salsa on my salads, it adds flavor without adding calories... not the cheap salsa, the good fresh stuff.

I like cooking veggies in the oven so they get kinda crispy... a little light cooking spray and a few minutes in the broiler usually does the trick. Nothing is worse than a soggy boiled vegetable. Yuck.

I got some "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray and have been using that for a little buttery flavor. It's like the ghost of butter...



I think that part of it is that I've just been eating junk food for so long that I have to adjust my pallet to healthy foods. Also it's just the first week so it must be difficult to adjust. It's not that hard, but it is a change and I'd be lying if I didn't say it's a challenge at times.

I will say that I don't feel hungry. I haven't felt hungry once. It's more like that urge to just eat... the sport of eating. You wanna just lay on the sofa and eat a bag of salty chips until your lips pucker... the problem is how you look when you're the type of person who lays on the sofa and eats bags of chips till your lips pucker. You look fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment