Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jenny Craig - Week 1


Well, I've finished my first week with Jenny Craig and I find it pretty easy to follow the program. I like having a schedule of what I'm going to eat and I love the variety. I am one of those people who eats the same thing every day, so this is a lot more variety than I usually get in my life.

The people at Jenny Craig are really nice and call to check up on me and see how I'm doing and if I have any questions. That really motivates me.

I stuck to the program pretty strictly this week. Though, I did go out to dinner twice.

On Tuesday we (my boyfriend and I) went to Mexican food with friends. I ate my regular JennyCraig dinner at home without the vegetables. At the restaurant I ordered an all veggie salad with salsa and lemon wedges as dressing and drank hot tea instead of tequila.:)

On Thursday my brother cooked dinner so I didn't eat my Jenny meal. I was nervous but I told him that I was doing Jenny Craig so he made poached cod and steamed veggies. Hopefully that's okay. I also had 3 bites of his delicious mashed potatoes and half a glass of white wine. I will talk with my Jenny rep when I weigh in to see if I handled it well and what I can do to handle those kinds of situations better in the future. I think I did a pretty good job.

I love my Jenny Craig rep. It feels good to have someone to talk to about this stuff. When I did WW nobody checked up on me and sometimes they didn't have time to answer all the questions in meetings, not to mention I just sometimes didn't feel like asking a question in front of a large group of people. The one on one counseling makes a big difference to me.

I lost 1 pound my first week. I was a little disappointed... did I do something wrong? I followed the plan pretty strictly but then my counselor reminded me that I'm adjusting to a new way of eating and that I stuck to the plan and did a great job. Her support made all the difference and gave me courage to face the new week. Also I am reminding myself that for a long time the scale has been going up and up and up... so the mere fact that it's going down is change enough for me. If I can weigh less this Christmas than I did last Christmas I'll be happy.

I don't know why I look at Christmas... I guess it's because everyone takes pictures and you can see yourself getting fatter and fatter and fatter each holiday... I'm really looking forward to looking better this year than I did last year.

I'm going to work on increasing my activity too, not a lot but if I can just walk the dogs a little further each week, I think that's a good goal. I didn't work out at all this week and I work at the computer... I actually make a living as a blogger so I sit on my rump all day long writing articles and watching TV. Not much of a calorie burner.

Also I got an awesome Jenny Craig sippy cup with it's own little filtration device inside. My boyfriend thinks it's very silly, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment