Tuesday, March 8, 2011

DISASTER ON DAY 10 - DO NOT PANIC! REMAIN CALM!

Something horrible happened today! A disaster!
















Okay, it wasn't a disaster but it did leave me in a little bit of a panic. I thought about it and figured that it must happen to other people as well... it's something we're all going to have to face on our Jenny Craig journey... and how are YOU gonna handle it?

















Tonight my schedule said Cashew Chicken for dinner. I've been kinda not looking forward to it because I'm not a huge fan of chicken but figured, why not give it a try. It could be good.

So I go to the freezer to get it and it's not there! I asked my boyfriend if he ate it, and he said that he did not. Nobody has been over this week. It's not there. I went over the list with my JC rep at the center, maybe she made a mistake? The freezer bag was sealed all the way home, there's no way it fell out. Could be some kind of interdimensional Cashew Chicken sucking vortex... but we'll never be able to prove THAT...

I realized that regardless of the cause of this situation, it's a great opportunity.

I had a few options... Jenny Craig is closed so I can't run to the center for another meal right now (which I would do if it were open)... I could eat tomorrow nights dinner tonight and go to the center tomorrow to get one more meal... but I wasn't really that excited about Cashew Chicken to begin with... and I then I realized that I could just get creative. Someday I'm going to have to make grown-up decisions about what I eat without Jenny Craig holding my hand and this is a great opportunity to use the tools I've learned in the past 10 days to make a good decision about what I was going to eat.

I looked at my other Jenny Craig meals and read the fat, calories, fiber, and protein on them... I realized I needed to find something to eat that was roughly 250 calories (or less), with about 8 grams of fat (or less), at least 2 grams of fiber (or more), and under 30 carbohydrates. So I look in the freezer... pork chops, steak... I could look up the calories and eat a small portion... but then all I'm getting is protein and fat... then I saw the Dr. Praeger's burgers from Trader Joes.

There were two of them.. For two patties it's 220 calories, 5 grams of fat BUT zero saturated fat and 0 trans fats, 26 carbs, 8 grams of fiber... full of really good healthy things - so I decided to cook those up, covered them with veggies and mustard (also ate a bunch bok choy for my veggie but I didn't take a pic of it.)






















I thought it was a good drill. There are going to be times when our meal just isn't there. Weather it's an accident, or a hungry boyfriend or teenager if you have kids... maybe it'll be a malfunctioning freezer, a vortex... even a Jenny Craig rep can make a simple mistake now and then... they are human beings after all... The important thing is that your meal might not be there one day, and what are you gonna do? You're going to need to figure out something to eat and it's good to know how many calories, fat, fiber, carbs etc. you're shooting for with your substitute meal.


















Now it's time for my favorite... toffee cookies and a glass of milk. I have been looking forward to this for days! They are my favorite.

Then it's water till bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment